November 23, 2022

More Details Emerge on Pelosi Attack

  • Analysis, Home

By Jackson Kincaid

In Brief: 

A new NBC Bay Area report on the Paul Pelosi attack last month includes several of the same details as originally stated in NBC News' now retracted report. This new report suggests Pelosi may not have been in immediate danger when police arrived prior to his attack. The report now says that not only was he not in danger, but walked back towards his “attacker.”

The Background: 

Democrat Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul, was allegedly attacked last month. The initial media reports stated it was Pelosi who opened the door, then walked back toward this intruder, who then attacked Pelosi with a hammer. NBC national correspondent Miguel Almaguer stated that “police didn’t know they were responding to the Pelosi residence, Pelosi opened the door for police but didn’t attempt to escape or declare an emergency, and even walked away from law enforcement and toward his eventual attacker.” 

The story was quickly retracted and scrubbed from social media and a new story was told as the "two officers" opened the door, but the San Francisco District Attorney’s office had previously confirmed in his statement, "Mr. Pelosi opened the door with his left hand."

However, the new report appears to validate the original report — proving that somewhere, someone is lying.

Notable Quotes: 

"This all has to do with the moments, seconds really, just before Paul Pelosi was struck in the head with a hammer inside his San Francisco home. Now, there continues to be contradicting accounts of a relatively simple question. Who opened the door that night when San Francisco police arrived to the Pelosi house?" –Bigad Shaban, NBC

What do you think?